Building services bring buildings to life and creates the environment for occupants to work, live, study, heal, exercise and experience. In addition to making buildings safe and habitable, building services also need to meet a set of functional requirements and client expectations.
These seminars are targeting four of the key building engineering disciplines:
- Mechanical Services – Building heat transfers, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plant and equipment
- Hydraulic Services – Hot water, cold water, gas, drainage, sanitary drainage, venting
- Electrical Services – High and low voltage power, substations, switchgear, data, communications
- Fire Services – Fire detection, smoke detection, fire suppression, fire sprinkler systems, hydrants and hose reels
These services can typically represent 30% of a new building construction budget and up to 85% of the annual operational cost.
The aim of these master class seminars is to provide the opportunity to gain a high level understanding of what is incorporated in each building service and the considerations required by each throughout design development including;
- Different types of building services systems within each discipline
- How each discipline impacts a building
- Design considerations for each discipline
- How each discipline interfaces with project teams
- How energy efficiency is achieved through each discipline
Who Should Attend? Anybody looking to gain a broader understanding of each discipline including:
- Engineers & environmental scientists from any discipline
- Property owners
- Building managers / supervisors
- Building Services recruiters
- Quantity Surveyors
- Knowledge of a wide range of different building services systems
- Understanding of different system types
- Awareness of how the services integrate with building
- Awareness of how the services integrate with design team and project requirements
- Appreciation of technical terminology (jargon!)
- Mechanical Services – 5th October, 6pm to 8pm
- Hydraulic Services – 12th October, 6pm to 8pm
- Electrical Services – 19th October, 6pm to 8pm
- Fire Services – 26th October, 6pm to 8pm
Ian White CEng MCIBSE – Mechanical Engineering Services Seminar
Ian has over 10 years mechanical engineering and design management experience. He has taken a wide range of projects from inception through to completion and handover including new build, district, refurbishment, extension and heritage projects. His experience spans across a range of sectors including healthcare, education, residential, data centres, laboratory and commercial.
Roger Chance – Hydraulic Engineering Services Seminar
Roger entered the plumbing industry in the 1980’s and has gained valuable experience in all aspects of the trade from the small building maintenance perspective to the major project ‘new build’ and subject matter expert perspective. Project designs include those from the Institutional, Educational, Commercial, Health, Retail, Residential, Defence, Transport, Industrial, and Infrastructure sectors. Project locations include CBD, urban, regional and remote areas of Australia and overseas.
Clive Girling CEng FCIBSE MIET MAIRAH – Electrical Engineering Services Seminar
Clive has more than 35 years experience, starting out as an electrical apprentice in the field of electrical engineering. His experience is vast and had been gained around the world in both the construction industry and marine engineering fields.
Mark Cummings – Fire Services Seminar
Mark has spent over 15 years in Fire Protection Services and has gained experience in both consultancy and contractor firms. His construction based training and brad carer experience has created a concise knowledge of project requirements and he has a strong knowledge of codes and standards through detailed design and construction stages.
This seminar series is proudly sponsored by: