Actions and Detail Panel
Chronic Kidney Disease: Issues for GPs
Thu. 15 December 2016, 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm ACDT
GP's, Registrars, Interns, Practice Nurses and Medical Students are invited to attend an education session aimed to enhance the Riverland region's General Practitioners knowledge of Chronic Kidney Disease, the referral pathways and the programs which may benefit their patients. It is also an opportunity for Riverland GPs to network with and share the knowledge and expertise of a specialist in the field of Chronic Kidney Disease and latest developments.
1. Describe the role of the GP in preventing and detecting CKD
2. Confidently discuss management of diabetic kidney disease
3. Describe nephrotic syndrome and its management
4. Outline management of difficult hypertension
5. Implement a system to identify patients at increased risk of CKD requiring a kidney health check
GP CPD points applications submitted to RACGP and ACRRM.
Allocated 4 Category 2 Points in the RACGP & QI&CPD Program for the 2014-2016 Triennium.
GPs may be able to access the RDWA Professional Support Subsidy to claim CPD expenses, for more information visit the RDWA website www.ruraldoc.com.au.
Event supported by Kidney Health Australia and sponsored by AstraZeneca.