Take time out of your busy schedule and master how to…
- Increase your awareness of suicide clues;
- Find prevention opportunities clients may not see;
- Open the discussion with clients about suicide;
- Help clients move towards safety and facilitate links with further help from family, friends and professional helpers as needed.
This intensive 1-day program developed by Richard Hill of the MindScience Institute, an expert in the Dynamics of Human Behaviour will walk you through:
- What is suicide? - phenomenology, statistics, myths and mysteries - The Pathway of Harm and the Pathway of Care.
- Risk factors - mental health factors, including depression, psychosis, bipolar, personality disorders - what medication says about a person's neurobiological state - role and impact of the media.
- Protective factors - understanding of risk factors and protective factors.
- Practical activity - Building local resource.
- Review of theoretical underpinnings - Psycho-neuro-biology of connectedness.
- For Life Program - client/practitioner relationship - effects of chronic stress - curiosity oriented approach - effects of lifestyle practices.
- Practical exercises - responding to overt / covert / and implicit client behaviours - Explanation of Assessment Chart.
- Dealing with affected family, friends and helping professionals - how to integrate this program with various therapeutic techniques.
This program will equip you with foundational knowledge and skills like no other suicide intervention or prevention workshop. These skills will assist you when working with clients at risk of suicide and serious self-harm.
Book now and be one of the first to experience this fantastic new program presented by NeuroBalance – providing care through innovation!
Save This Event
When & Where
Neuro Balance Australasia
Neuro Balance Australasia Pty Ltd provides mental health practitioners with diagnostic and therapeutic tools to capture essential information about your clients’ psychopathology at the time of their session with you. We take highly researched, evidence based, peer reviewed diagnostic measures and integrate them into software programs that are easy and efficient to use in a clinical setting.