This program follows the same format as the Childbirth and Parenting Education – Evening Series, but is tailored to meet the learning needs of the couple expecting TWINS or more.
Parents-to-be of twins are encouraged to commence this class around 25 weeks gestation if possible. DVD’s specific to multiple birth and parenting are shown.
This program includes 6 two hour sessions, run over consecutive weeks.
- Fetal development of multiples
- Differences between singleton and multiple pregnancies
- Pain relief options
- Birthing options for multiples
- Unexpected outcomes
- Tour of the delivery suite
- Breastfeeding more than one
- Parenting issues
- Caring for your new babies and any others
- Opportunity for questions and discussion
- Finding out what help is available in the community
- Meet other couples expecting more than one.
- A reunion class is held approximately 8 weeks after the baby’s’ birth.
An abridged program is available for those who are already parents. Please email email@example.com for information regarding this.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
See parking and public transport information located at http://www.wslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/Childbirth---Parenting-Education/Maps---Directions
Do I bring my partner along to all the classes with me?
Partners are encouraged to attend. If your partner can't make it then you can bring along a support person.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You may like to bring a snack. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, you can return to the booking page to do so.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
A full refund may be given only in the following circumstances:
• Premature birth
• Hospital admission
• Cancellation request 3 weeks prior to the class commencement date
An administration fee of $30 will be incurred on cancellation requests with less than 3 weeks’ notice