San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
There are hundreds of thousands of blogs publishing articles on a range of health and fitness topics daily. Many of these blogs have become hugely popular with web stats that rival some online news sites. These widely read blogs are now an important source of health information for many people.
So how do bloggers ensure the health information they publish is the based in the best evidence available?
To discuss the challenges of blogging about health, we have invited a panel of successful bloggers to share their thoughts.
Our panellists include:
Emma Stirling (Scoop on Nutrition)
Claire Hewitt (St Vincent's Private Hospital)
Amanda Steidle (Healthy Mums)
Carly Findlay (Tune into Radio Carly)
They will discuss a range of topics including:
- How to ensure the health information published is based on the best evidence available.
- How to choose what health subject to cover and what topics are most popular, widely read and commented on.
- How to deal with people who challenge or oppose the health messages on blogs
- How to manage propositions from industry and sponsorship opportunities from big food and beverage?
- Valuable lessons learnt about health blogging and offer advice for new bloggers entering this space.
- How to build credibility.