To view and book another date, go to AxisAgile's Events Page
To find out more about our company, view AxisAgile's Web Page
Get your Certified ScrumMaster training with a globally acclaimed author and trainer!
About the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification
The CSM is the most sought-after and globally recognized Agile certification, governed by the peak industry body, the Scrum Alliance. Home to the largest network of professional Scrum practitioners in the world, the Scrum Alliance applies the most stringent trainer certification process in the industry to ensure that you receive truly world-class Scrum training.
So why should you train with AxisAgile?
- You get to train with Ilan Goldstein, an internationally acclaimed Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) and author of 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners', the hugely popular book that was selected to be part of the 'Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series' published by Pearson. (See below)
- You get TWO trainers! Ilan is joined by Colin Tan, a highly experienced trainer, ScrumMaster and Product Owner specialist. (See below)
- You leave our course with a goodie bag full of useful stuff so you can hit the ground running when you get back to your Scrum teams (See below)
- An awesome hot, hotel buffet lunch is provided as well as delicious mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks and drinks. A light breakfast is also provided on both days.
- Our course agenda covers everything you need to thrive in your role as a ScrumMaster. (See below)
- The feedback doesn't lie - check out some of our testimonials below to see how happy our attendees are with our course. There are more testimonials available on our website!
Our interactive course features a blend of activities, exercises, in-depth discussions and presentation segments to ensure that all learning styles are engaged.
You get two trainers
Your courses are led by two highly experienced, world-acclaimed instructors who are super energetic, passionate and funny (some would say at least...). Training with two instructors ensures a broader variety of war stories, more dynamic delivery, not to mention more parallel processing power to answer all questions thrown at us!
About Ilan Goldstein
Ilan Goldstein is a globally recognised Scrum trainer and consultant and author of the acclaimed 'Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series' book 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners' (published by Pearson Education). He was voted in the top 16 global Agile influencers (published by Entech) as well as in the top 18 global Scrum experts to follow on Twitter (published by TechBeacon). Ilan is a founder of both AxisAgile as well as Scrum Australia the national not-for-profit organization focused on growing and enriching the Australian Scrum community. Ilan's passion is sharing his deep and diverse in-the-trenches Scrum experience with other keen practitioners.
About Colin Tan
Colin Tan has held the roles of Senior Business Analyst, Product Analyst, Product Manager and User Experience Manager with an array of diverse organizations before finally arriving at his true calling and passion, the role of Scrum Product Owner.
He is the illustrator for 'Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners', a Scrum-focused book in the popular Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series' published by Pearson under the Addison-Wesley brand). Along with being a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and an Agile trainer, Colin is also on the board of Scrum Australia and is a founder of AxisAgile.
What is included in each course?
A copy of Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners
You get your very own copy of Scrum Shortcuts Without Cutting Corners, the hugely popular book that was selected to be part of the 'Mike Cohn Agile Signature Series' (the premiere book series on Scrum and Agile globally). This book is full of great Agile tactics, tips and tricks that many have found to be invaluable. But don't take our word for it, check out the reviews on Amazon!
Scrum Alliance Membership & Online Assessment Fee
At the conclusion of our course, you will become a member of the Scrum Alliance. Join the largest community of Scrum professionals and make the most of your two year membership by reading and submitting articles, going to global Scrum gatherings, regional gatherings and being a part of this ever-growing community.
The online Certified ScrumMaster assessment fee is also included with this course.
We're here to support you!
Don't worry, when you've concluded your training with us, we're still here to help via free ongoing support. Email us with a question and we're sure to reply. That's another advantage of having two highly experienced trainers. There's more of us to go round!
Two decks of Planning Poker cards
Not only do you get to play some Planning Poker during our courses, you also get to take home two decks of high quality AxisAgile Planning Poker cards. Each deck has four colours and instruction cards so you can kick off your estimation sessions with a bang!
Stylish USB pen with all electronic materials
Getting a USB stick with all of the electronic course materials is cool What's even cooler is getting a stylish pen that has an embedded USB stick with not only the course materials but additional reading material as well!
Workbooks to help you connect with the course
As well as an electronic copy of all of the slides and other materials, on the day you will receive a fill-in-the-gaps, workbook to use and follow along with during the course. This has been specifically designed to help reinforce key learnings.
Two booklets to help you on your Agile journey
You don’t just receive a best-selling Scrum book but you also receive two really helpful booklets written by another industry expert, Pete Deemer. The ‘Distributed Scrum Primer’ offers hints and tips to help make Scrum work across a geographically dispersed team and the ‘Manager and Scrum’ offers a brief Scrum overview targeted at senior managers.
- To keep you energised and at your peak, we provide you with plenty of nourishment. An awesome hot buffet lunch is provided as is a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks and drinks. A light breakfast is also provided on both days.
- For Project Management Professionals (PMPs), this course counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- This course also counts for 15 of the 21 hours of Agile Project Management Training for your PMI-ACP Certification
Here's what our course covers:
- A Scrum and Agile overview
- Selling Scrum to senior business stakeholders
- When to apply Scrum
- Creating a Product Vision
- Prioritising and refining the Product Backlog using the Definition-of-Ready
- Understanding User Stories, Epics and Themes
- Splitting heuristics to break Epics into Sprint-Ready Stories
- Managing the Definition-of-Done and non-functional requirements
- Test automation starting points
- How to blend Scrum with Kanban, XP and DevOps
- How to foster self-organising teams
- The Scrum roles –ScrumMaster, Product Owner and the Developers
- How to transition a team to Scrum using the Transition Backlog
- Popular Scrum tools and resources
- A day in the life of a typical Sprint
- Formats, tips and tricks to run effective: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Refinement, Reviews and Retrospectives
- Managing WIP and flow using Visual Management Boards (VMBs)
- Relative Estimation and Planning Poker
- Release Planning and the Enhanced Release Burndown chart
"Ilan is a gifted trainer and a successful advocate of Scrum. His certified ScrumMaster course was well framed and the content delivered effectively. His ability to transpose and apply the benefits of the Scrum framework to a complex development team structure, postulated his expert knowledge of Scrum."
Marshall Kim, Head of New Products and User Experience at eBay
"I completed the Scrum Master (CSM) training course run by AxisAgile in February 2013. Ilan is an excellent trainer and his superior knowledge of the subject matter was quite evident during the Q&A sessions. What really stood out for me was the level of enthusiasm from both Ilan and Colin, which is highly infectious and leaves you wanting to embrace Agile methodologies and all the benefits it can offer"
David Stone, Senior Product Manager at Optus
"I recently competed a Certified ScrumMaster course with AxisAgile, led by Ilan and Colin. Wow, what a course! Having come from outside the industry AxisAgile made Scrum easy to follow and highly relevant for my application in a broader business sense. The level of Scrum knowledge and experience was exceptional and I have already recommended their course several times over. If Scrum is on your to do list, call AxisAgile."
Nathan Archie, National Business Manager at PepsiCo
"AxisAgile were the genesis of massive change within how Appster does business. This resulted in massive increases in productivity, great client engagement and even making our stressed out developers 'very happy' (their words). In fact Ilan and Colin in their spare time even recruited our CTO without any expectations in return, the only motive: trying to over deliver in their services. Ilan is a world-class expert in his space, smart, honest and truly a thought leader in how Agile really works. We try to send everyone of our Product Owners and Scrum Masters through AxisAgile's training because they get real results."
Mark McDonald, Co-Founder and Director at Appster
Save This Event
When & Where
AxisAgile is an Agile training, consulting and coaching company with a primary focus on the popular Scrum framework.