Key Concepts: Communicating with Sign – An approach to supporting people with Complex Communication Need
This one-day course covers theoretical and practical components of key concept or word signing, a common strategy used to support people with complex communication needs. Participants will explore features of a key concept sign approach and become familiar with teaching strategies to start using a core vocabulary of signs.
- Support persons, team leaders, case managers
- Professionals supporting adults with complex communication needs
After completing this training, participants should be able to:
- Identify how to individualise a key concept approach for different people’s communication support needs
- Demonstrate a core vocabulary of signs and combine such into sentences for communication through practical sign tutorials
- Clearly communicate and model a key concept signing approach during conversational interactions.
Are there ID requirements to enter the event?
Yes. Please carry photo ID with you.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
No. Please cancel your ticket if you are unable to attend.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Save This Event
When & Where
Centre of Excellence
Direct all emails to firstname.lastname@example.org