For GPs and mental health nurses.
This event will provide GPs and mental health nurses with an understanding of the broader spectrum of methamphetamine use, associated harms to individuals and families, rational approaches to early identification and intervention, and local referral pathways for treatment and support.
Dr Matthew Frei, Addiction Medicine Specialist, Turning Point
- Describe short and long term harms associated with Ice use
- Identify early signs of Ice use and apply brief interventions
- Manage patients with acute presentations
- Explain medical therapies used in the treatment of Ice addiction
- Implement local referral pathways for treatment and support