San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
LAUNCH NIGHT & ARTIST SHOWCASE: Saturday 27 May 2017 @ 8pm-10pm ($35)
As part of Vivid Ideas 2017, come and meet the six participating artists who developed work for the Cause & Effect exhibition. They will share their inspiration, personal connection with the cause, process, reflections, perspectives and hopes. Artists include Andrea Srisurapon, Mandy Schöne-Salter, Marwa Charmand, Miriam Cabello, Sherine Tan and Tia Kass.
- Be inspired by artists who have championed social change via their art
- Hear their perspectives and approach to these social issues
- See how the artists can give a voice to marginalised communities and raise the profile of social causes
- Meet, network and seed collaborations with an engaged community of artists and changemakers
This Launch Night & Artist Showcase is part of Cause & Effect, a visual arts exhibition which kicks off with this launch night and ends with a forum - we invite you to join us for both!
FREE EXHIBITION: 24 May - 4 June 2017
Carnival of the Bold and MLC Gallery present "Cause and Effect", a 2-week visual arts exhibition by six artists, designed to shine a spotlight on some of the more current and pressing social issues faced by Australian society: War & Conflict, Environmental Destruction and Racism.
The exhibition will prompt audiences to consider and deliberate some complex, multi-faceted and sensitive themes, aiming to raise awareness and conversation around these social issues and also give a voice to marginalised communities.
The visual arts exhibition will kick off with a launch night and end with a forum - we invite you to join us for both!
ARTS & SOCIAL CAUSE FORUM: Saturday, 3 June 2017 @ 3pm-5pm ($20)
Join us for a panel discussion with selected academics, arts workers and directors of NGOs to discuss the themes showcased, what perspectives and insights these artworks bring to the conversation, and how artists can play a more active role as agents for social change. Speakers include Grace Patridge (Amnesty ARTillery Action Group), Jiva Parthipan (STARTTS), Lena Nahlous (Diversity Arts Australia), Mia Zahra (NSW Family & Community Services), Miriam Cabello (MLC Gallery), Paula Abood and Priscilla Brice-Weller (All Together Now).
- Hear stories from heads of NGO, government and arts workers/artists about their projects, their inspiration, successes and challenges
- Discuss the themes covered by the Cause & Effect exhibition and see what perspectives and insights the artworks bring to the conversation
- Get ideas on how the arts has been used to engage and facilitate social change
- Learn interesting ways to engage with your audience or community, or create social impact programs
- Meet other like-minded individuals who are also looking to understand how the arts can be used effectively to create social change
Save This Event
When & Where
Carnival of the Bold
Carnival of the Bold aspires to bring important issues to the mainstream agenda, raise public consciousness and shine new light on what it means to live with greater humanity.