Actions and Detail Panel
Canberra Launch Electric Vehicle Report - Zero Carbon Australia
Tue. 6 December 2016, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm AEDT
BZEs Electric Vehicle report is the latest part of the Zero Carbon Australia Transport Plan, a comprehensive blueprint detailing the technologies, costs and benefits which could fast-track the elimination of Australia's rapidly growing transport emissions.
Rapid transitions from petrol-powered to electric passenger fleets are being seriously discussed globally, so BZEs new analysis of a 10-year shift to EVs for Australia is extremely timely. If this can be achieved in Canberra then transport GHG emissions could plummet - across all of urban Australia this would slash between six and 8% of our national GHG emissions. And, depending on the price of the technology, all this might be possible at no cost to the economy.
Come and join us as we launch this exciting report in Canberra - we take on the questions of how much it will cost and what incentives are still needed so that our urban passenger fleets - both cars and buses - can rapidly transition to zero emissions electric vehicles powered by 100% renewable energy.
The launch program includes:
Minister and Ambassador keynote addresses and an audience Q & A with an expert panel
The key findings of the new report - a 20-year cost benefit analysis for a 10-year transition to electric cars and buses for all of urban Australia, powered by 100% renewable energy
An EV display & Photo Ops from 5 and after 7pm
- Minister Shane Rattenbury MLA, ACT Minister for Climate Change and Sustainability
- Her Excellency Ambassador Ms Unni Kløvstad, Royal Norwegian Embassy Canberra
Electric Vehicle Report Launch and Key Findings
- Michael Lord, Acting CEO Beyond Zero Emissions and Zero Carbon Australia Program Director
- Todd Eagles, Deputy Chair & Strategy, Electric Vehicle Council - ‘Driving the Electric Vehicle Agenda’
- Simon Evans, Director, Beast Solutions
- Professor Penny Sackett, Deputy Chair ACT Climate Change Council
Be part of this!
Donate to BZE - we are an independent NGO and climate solutions think tank - one of the best in the world.
Zero Carbon Australia is a project of Beyond Zero Emissions: find out more.