- Use your own natural inner resources to develop an understanding of how to work with your body during labour and birth in order to create a calm birth experience
- Understand how beliefs, emotions, fear and tension can affect your body and pain sensations during labour and birth
- Experience different breathing techniques to be used during labour, contractions (the body’s uterine surges), second stage labour (birthing your baby) and beyond
- Experience the positive effects of relaxation and understand how this can aid you through pregnancy, birth and beyond Understand the positive role that hormones play during labour and birth
- Be introduced to the concept of “conscious parenting” and the importance of communication between yourselves and your baby, starting from before your baby’s birth
- Gain an understanding of the choices you have in your labour and birth journey and how to express these in a collaborative way with your care providers
- Learn simple visualisation techniques Share in positive stories of other people’s experiences…embracing the idea that birth is a joyful, life giving event
- Understand the integral role that team work plays during pregnancy, labour and birth
- Support people will gain an understanding of the critical role they play in the birth experience, how to advocate for your partner and practical ideas for creating a wonderful birth environment.
- Be provided with practical information and birthing techniques, many of which can become important ongoing life skills
The course is held in Berry NSW, 2 hours south from Sydney’s CBD in the Illawarra region. It takes place over a weekend from 9:00 a.m until 5:30 p.m. The class is broken up into lecture, practical exercises and videos. The best time to take the Calmbirth® course is between 24 to 34 weeks gestation, but you can also attend earlier or later in your pregnancy depending on your circumstances.
Snacks for morning and afternoon tea are provided. There will be an hour for lunch where you can either bring a picnic lunch and enjoy time at the historic town of Berry and eat at one of the many restaurants and cafés.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The whole town of Berry has free car parking. Some streets do have time limited restrictions, but finding a car parking spot is usually not a problem.
Parking for the course can be found at the back of the building, just off Princess Street.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to contact Regina on either the telephone (02 4464 2244) or via email (email@example.com).
Save This Event
When & Where
South Coast Calmbirth
I absolutely love what I teach and I look forward to sharing the Calmbirth® program with families so that they can have the same confidence to birth their babies without fear using their own natural resources.