Actions and Detail Panel
"Bulletproof" Your Body - Pelvic Floor and Core - Melbourne
Sat. 24 September 2016, 10:30 am – 5:00 pm AEST
Why should I come?
• Firstly, we want to point out that it is RARE that we tell someone they have to stop training for anything!
• This seminar is about how to protect your core and pelvic floor, especially if you are a woman!
• We have seen and helped women who have had babies and those who haven't - this problem is not well known because it is socially awkward but wee need to educate everyone - female athletes, their coaches and males too!
• You want to come to this seminar because you know you should spend your precious spare time working on your weaknesses. You want to know how to develop the strength and control you need to ensure you minimize the risk of injury as much as possible. You want to know WHAT TO DO if you have a prolapse or stress urinary incontinence.
• There will be A LOT of educational material here...but in the end, it is about how to exercise and choose options safely.
• The beauty of this particular seminar is that we will make you examine your beliefs...and once they have be proven by fire (testing) or lie in tatters, we will show you the most effective way for you to develop the control and mastery over your core and pelvic floor so you can progress towards your CrossFit (or any other) goals.
Who is this for?
• Anyone and everyone who does exercise, particularly for CrossFit Athletes and coaches
• All health and fitness professionals are welcome (Physios, Chiros, Osteos, Massage Therapists, Personal Trainers, Coaches, etc)
• ANYONE who wants to learn more about core stability and the pelvic floor, exercising with prolapse and stress urinary incontinence
What will I learn?
• The role of the pelvic floor in the body
• The "core stability" muscles of the trunk
• The issues women face with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (PFD)
• Pelvic organ prolapse (POP)
• Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)
• How to train someone with PFD/POP/SUI
• A graded exercise program from very light and gentle contractions to heavy weights
• The risks and benefits of exercise
• Some myth busting about what you should and shouldn't do...
What is different to other seminars?
In this seminar, Antony will be outlining how you as an athlete, coach or health professional can assess and take action for your core and pelvic floor - the more you understand about yourself and how your upper body works, the better able you are to take care of yourself and others.
In other seminars, they show you how to do "core and pelvic floor" exercises to protect your back...
...this seminar includes the "why", the "how", as well as the principles of rehabilitation that Antony uses - the key difference is RESULTS - we can prove our way works, often immediately!
Antony and his team are only interested in solutions that work. We believe that for most things, you can tell after just 30secs whether something will help or not...we will show you how.
What is included?
• 5 hrs of information and practical instruction (10.30am registration, 11.00am to 5.00pm with 30-60mins break)
• A colour handout with pictures and room for notes and a pen
• Lots of practical information - come prepared to exercise and sweat a bit!
How much does this all cost?
• YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU PAY - It is by donation
• The usual seminar price is $206.50 (5hrs)
• I ask that health and fitness professionals try to pay the full amount ($206.50) as you will earn that money back VERY quickly
• I ask that everyone else try to pay about $100 if they can - you will be getting MORE information in this one seminar than you will in one physio session for 30mins…
• Having said that, I don’t want money to be a limiting factor. Pay what you can afford
What else is on offer?
• 30mins and 60mins assessment with Antony: AUD$100 and AUD$200 - limited spots so book in as soon as possible - Click on the "Appointments" Tab to make a booking. Be sure to choose the Geraldton option. For more information, please visit www.physiodetective.com/bookings
• Spikey ball: $20
• Lacrosse ball: $7.50
• Foam Rollers: $30
• EZR: $45 - Find out more about The EZR at www.theezr.com
Only pre-ordered stock will be brought to the seminar
Please arrive at 10.30am to allow for time to register and prepare for the seminar
Important Information For the Seminar:
1. There is assumed knowledge - this you tube video is the first 40mins of my old seminars - if you can watch it (a slide show presentation), it will be helpful. I am working on improving it to make it easier to watch in the future :) http://youtu.be/n3a3naVTxIs - i have a longer version which you can get downloads for on the home page.
2. I will be available to see people that weekend. It is $100/30mins. You can book 30, 60 or 90mins with me. All bookings are through www.physiodetective.com/bookings- read it, go to the online diary and make yourself a login. Then just choose the option with "Geraldton" and go from there.
3. There may be a WOD to start or end the seminar. Whilst this is optional, I do recommend that you come to do it because it will let us see how you move and we can begin to pick out the people who will be good models!
4. Please be prepared to be observed. That usually means guys will often have to take their shirt off or at least wear a singlet and shorts. Girls, if you could wear a crop top or singlet with shorts, that would be great - ideally not a bra that covers the spine between your shoulder blades please. Observing other people is the best way to learn...having said that, we won't force anyone to do anything they are not comfortable doing.
5. Lunch will NOT be provided. Please bring any snacks, drinks or supplements you need - there will be breaks during the seminar.
6. A set of colour notes will be provided and there should be pens for everyone. Please come prepared to write notes...there is a lot of information to digest and we have found that writing down the cues that worked for you is a good way of learning and working on your own plan
7. Whilst the seminar strives to address your issues, it does so in a general way. We will do our best to help you with your problems but ultimately, we can't go into as much detail as a full assessment - please be understanding about that.
8. Participation is the best way to learn. I will be calling for volunteers regularly so please be ready! I usually try to ask everyone to volunteer
9. We will be taking photos and videos during the seminar. If you do not want to be photographed or videoed, please let us know. We plan to use these to help promote future seminars and educate people via my blog. Please be assured that I don't ever ridicule people or their form but often phrase it as "Here is John Smith demonstrating “
10. If you have any dietary needs, please let me know by emailing me at email@example.com.
11. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS me at 0410 440 506
12. Please like our social media...