Actions and Detail Panel
Breastfeeding Education - Nursery Services - 8 hour Professional Developmen...
Thu. 18 May 2017, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm AEST
Nursery Services Breastfeeding day – for health professionals working in neonatal services.
It is highly recommended that you have attended a BFHI foundation breastfeeding day (RWH or equivalent) previously.
This evidence-based day will build on the clinician’s basic knowledge of breastfeeding and explore some of the more challenging aspects of supporting the breastfeeding woman and infant in nursery environments. The topics will cover:
Evidence and implementation of skin to skin and kangaroo care in the nursery
- Getting positioning and attachment right for the preterm or sick infant
- Establishing & maintaining a good milk supply
- Caring for women with mastitis
- Cue based feeding: from tube to breast
- The baby’s voice in feeding – infant mental health
- Breastfeeding twins and other challenges
Date and Time
Women’s Conference Centre, Ground Floor
Royal Women’s Hospital
Cnr Grattan St and Flemington Road
Parkville, VIC 3052