Actions and Detail Panel
Board Leadership & Mentoring Program (S4)- Melbourne
Wed., 19/04/2017, 5:30 pm – Wed., 17/05/2017, 9:30 pm AEST
The Board Leadership is conducted over 4 sessions. Workshop dates are:
Session 1: Wednesday 19th April, 5.30pm - 9.30pm
Session 2: Thursday 27th April, 5.30pm - 9.30pm
Session 3: Wednesday 10th May, 5.30pm - 9.30pm
Session 4: Wednesday 17th May, 5.30pm - 9.30pm
Does your board's decision-making processes allow your organisation to effectively manage risks, challengers and opportunities? If you're on the board of a disability service provider, your leadership and decision-making will be critical in developing and positioning your organisation in a more competitive, market-based environment under the NDIS.
In partnership with Leadership Victoria, NDS are pleased to offer an exclusive, disability sector-specific two-part program teaching new and existing board members the right set of governance skills and provides a twelve-month, whole-of-board mentoring opportunity.
After completing the Board Leadership program you will
- Have explored and developed the technical requirements of being a board member.
- Have examined your personal leadership qualities and how they can best be applied to governance roles.
- Have a thorough understanding of dependencies for influential leadership and governance, including drivers for effective; motivation, behaviours, culture, performance, communication, strategy development and decision-making.
After completing the Board Mentoring program your board will
- Have completed in a whole-of-board survey to assist the mentor in developing and implementing an action plan.
- Selected a mentor that will provide support to both the Chair and board in developing and implanting an action plan thereafter.
- Reinforce and support elements of good governance covered in the Board Leadership program.
Who is it for?
CEOs and board members
Duration and format
Board Leadership: 2 full-day workshops or 4 smaller workshop sessions
Board Mentoring: Bespoke Schedule arranged with the Chair and mentor.
Please contact the organiser directly with any accessibility requirements.