Actions and Detail Panel
Blood Disorders Workshop
Mon. 3 April 2017, 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm ACST
The Northern Health Network is pleased to invite primary health care professionals in the northern Adelaide region to take part in an education workshop centred around the topic of 'Blood Disorders', with Associate Professor Bern Froessler.
- Identify the importance of pre-operative anaemia in relation to transfusion risk & presence of underlying pathology.
- Increase knowledge of assessment algorithms for anaemia, further assessment/investigation and when to seek advice/refer to a specialist.
- Identify the importance of determining the cause of ID/IDA in each case and the need for further evaluation to exclude serious underlying pathology in certain patient groups.
- Recognise the role of both oral and parenteral iron therapies in the treatment of ID/IDA.
- Increase knowledge of oral iron preparations available in Australia for the treatment of ID/IDA.
Associate Professor Bern Froessler
MD, PhD, FANZCA, Department of Anaesthesia
6.30pm - 7.00pm Registration & dinner
7.00pm - 7.05pm Welcome & introduction
7.05pm - 9.05pm Presentation
9.05pm - 9.15pm Evaluation and close