Beyond Zero Emissions High Speed Rail report launch, Sydney
Wednesday, 30 April 2014 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm (AEST)
San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Fly by Rail - Beyond Zero Emissions
High Speed Rail report launch
We are delighted you can join BZE at a premiere event in Sydney where we will unveil this key report with industry experts and political representatives.
This event will present the key findings from the High Speed Rail report. Following this will be a Q and A session with an expert panel to discuss issues relating to implementation as well as the social and economic opportunities.
Expert panellists include:
- Bryan Nye - CEO, Australasian Railway Association
- Geoff Kettle, Mayor of Goulburn
- John Black, Emeritus Professor, Transport, UNSW
- Phil Potterton, GHD
- Nigel Lake, Joint CEO, Pottinger
- Philipp Bergeron, DLR (German Aerospace Centre)
The High Speed Rail report will show that Australia can:
- Connect Brisbane - Sydney - Melbourne with stations at six major cities and twelve regional towns en route
- Enable passengers to travel between Sydney and Melbourne and between Sydney and Brisbane in less than three hours
- Have trains departing major cities every ten minutes at peak times
- Provide a station within 50km for 60% of Australia's population
- Be powered by 100% renewable energy enabling zero emissions travel
- Repay capital investments and generate long term profits
- Provide lower fares and more convenience than air travel
- Be operational in ten years
BZE wishes to thank the Institute of Environmental Studies, UNSW for co-hosting this event.
Time: 6.30 - 8.30 pm.
Where: Theatre M17, Mezzanine, Chemical Sciences Building, UNSW, Kensington, Sydney
Transport: Express Buses routes 890, 891, 892 & 895 to and from Central Station
Tickets: This is a free event but numbers are strictly limited, and bookings are essential. There is no need to print your Eventbrite ticket as your name will be at the registration table. You can transfer your ticket to a friend if you are unable to attend.
The High Speed Rail report will be available for purchase on the night.
For more information: http://bze.org.au/
When & Where
Beyond Zero Emissions
Beyond Zero Emissions Inc. is a not-for-profit research and education organisation working on designing and implementing a zero emissions economy for Australia. Our goal is to transform Australia from a 19th century fossil fuel based, emissions intensive, economy to a 21st-century renewable-energy-powered clean-tech economy.
Through the Zero Carbon Australia (ZCA) research project, BZE is encouraging climate change policy that is in line with the latest science. By sharing this research with thousands of Australians via its public engagement program, BZE is engaging, educating and inspiring the community with real solutions to climate change.
BZE's vision is ambitious and achievable - join us to create the future.