This event is fully subscribed. Should you wish to be placed on our waitlist, please contact our office on 03 9027 5606 or at email@example.com.
ACBC Victoria is pleased to invite you our Agribusiness Forum for 2017 focusing on Chinese Investment in the Australian Agribusiness sector.
Our expert speakers will emphasise the vital need for foreign investment in the Australian agribusiness sector and the importance of collaboration and bridging the gap between vendor and buyer.
Discussion will also centre on ascertaining specific areas where investment is welcomed, and will address the ways in which the process can be made more transparent for potential Chinese investors to select appropriate properties to purchase or to enter into joint ventures with Australians.
Speakers and panellists include:
- Opening Address - The Hon Andrew Robb AO - Chairman, Asialink and Asialink Business
- Mr Brian Wilson - Chairman, Foreign Investment Review Board
- Mr Mick Keogh - CEO, Australian Farm Institute
- Professor James Laurenceson - Deputy Director and Professor, Australia-China Relations Institute (UTS)
- Mr Lyall Howard, Head of Government Relations, Blackmores
- Mr Nick Dowling, Managing Director and CEO, Australia and New Zealand, New Hope Group Co. Ltd
- Mr Tony Eyres, Senior Investment Specialist, Austrade
- Moderator - Mr Barry White, Chair of ACBC Victoria's Agribusiness & Food Working Group and Director, ProEx Developments
Topics covered will include:
- The current investment landscape
- The role of Chinese investment in agriculture
- Public opinion surrounding foreign investment in agriculture
- The requirements and expectations for investors coming into Australia
- Options for investing beyond ‘buying the farm’
- Case Study - Chinese perspectives and perceptions regarding the Australian investment environment
There will be opportunities for Q&A following the opening address and subsequent presentations. These will be followed by a moderated panel discussion.
This program will also include morning tea and lunch, and will provide ample opportunities for networking.