Actions and Detail Panel
bEWEty and the Feast
Thu. 30 March 2017, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm AWST
Sheep Industry Research Open Day
Thursday 30 March 2017
10.00am – 4.30pm followed by a sundowner
(morning tea from 9.30am)
You finish school, come home to the farm. You harvest the grain. You feed the sheep. You worry about rain. You join the sheep. You feed the sheep. You worry about rain. You buy a new tractor. You put the crop in. You worry about money. You feed the sheep. You fertilise the crops. You worry about lambing. You spray the weeds. You worry about rain. You mark the lambs. You fertilise the crops. You wean the lambs. You worry about rain. You harvest the grain. You feed the sheep. You worry about rain...
Sheep farming can be a bit more fun …. a bit more interesting… a bit more exciting and a bit more challenging!
Come and join us at the Katanning Research Facility for our Open Day in March!
We will be showcasing the latest innovative technology and research across the WA Sheep Industry and what this means for sheep producers.
This free interactive field day is for you, for ewe, and for me!
- EweTube; Let Siri do the sheepwork - Beth Paganoni, DAFWA
- Labour or Love? Labour Saving Technologies that allow a life off-farm - John Paul Collins, DAFWA & Clayton South, producer
- ASBVs for traits that are expensive and difficult to measure - Johan Greeff, DAFWA
- Do I look fat in these genes? Shedding some light on why owning skinny genes doesn’t guarantee their fit! - Sarah Blumer, Murdoch University
- Yardstick 2015: Driving genetic gains in the sheep industry - Bob Hall, ICON Agriculture
- Can you identify breech strike susceptible sheep BEFORE they are struck? - Tony Schlink, UWA
- DAFWA and UWA joining forces to solve the winter dag problem - Graeme Martin, UWA
- Running the ruler over lamb in 2017 – the future of Lean Meat Yield analysis - Steve Connaughton, Murdoch University
- We like our meat red! Demonstration of packaging options to optimise colour at retail & colour measurement technology - Maddison Corlett, Murdoch University
- Eat the lot - demonstrate cut by cook effect on eating quality - Rachel O’Reilly & Lis Pannier, Murdoch University
- The good gas on methane: Live demonstration of gas measures - Phil Vercoe, UWA
- Chaos on the Maternity Ward: Can optimising lambing density minimise mismothering and improve lamb survival? - Amy Lockwood, Murdoch University
The KRF Open Day is made possible by DAFWA’s Sheep Industry Business Innovation project, supported by Royalties for Regions, and in partnership with the Sheep Alliance of WA