Behind-the-Scenes Tour (Corroboree Sydney 2014)
San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Join us on an exclusive, personal tour of Australia’s first museum with our special Corroboree Sydney behind-the-scenes tours.
Sneak a peek at this irreplaceable collection of more than 16 million objects and experience incredible treasures – creatures large and small, birds and mammals, ancient fossils and precious minerals, plus incredible cultural artefacts from Indigenous Australia and the Pacific.
- The Tasmanian Tiger – one of 140 specimens of extinct species in the Museum’s collection
- Items collected by Captain James Cook and spears in the Pacific Collection
- The Goliath Tarantula – a South American spider that can grow as large as a dinner plate
- Exotic butterfly and beetle collection
- The taxidermy lab
- Exclusive access to the Aboriginal collections with a cultural collections officer.
For enquiries, please contact Charlotte Galleguillos on (02) 9320 6416 or Laura McBride on (02) 9320 6321 or via email.
Like Indigenous Australian Culture on Facebook.
6 College St
Our events are designed to educate, entertain and excite.
The Australian Museum is a place of exploration and discovery, inspiring responsibility for our world by promoting knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of science, nature and culture.
6 College St, Sydney NSW
(02) 9320 6000