Actions and Detail Panel
Beginners African Drumming Class - St.Kilda
Tue. 17 January 2017, 6:15 pm – 7:45 pm AEDT
Our friendly classes run in 6 week cycles, join us on the first week of the cycle - we'll provide the drums!
You can find out more here: African Drumming Classes
What You Will Learn
- Develop groove, control and listening skills.
- Experience the joy of community music
- Learn basic techniques on the djembe (Bass, Tone and Slap) and West African rhythms
What You Get
- Knowledge of West African drumming and control of easy-to-follow rhythms
- 10% student discount storewide
- Access to our social media networks and resources
- Concession rates available. Please present your card in class.
Learn from Jeremy
Answering the call of the djembe in 2005, Jeremy has been following West African music ever since. With a deep respect for the spirit and traditions of djembe, he has studied extensively in West Africa and Australia. His strong passion for sharing the heart of djembe, a love of teaching, and a willingness to always learn more, combine to create a class that is as challenging as it is rewarding. Jeremy heads up our corporate and teacher training facilitation team and manages our St Kilda headquarters in Melbourne.
The emphasis at the Beginner Level is on:
- Having fun
Learning basic technique on the djembe (bass, tone and slap)
Appreciating West African music
Developing groove, control & listening skills
Working together to become an ensemble
Introducing soloing as a group
Working on timing
Exploring basic musical concepts