Actions and Detail Panel
Becoming a Person Centred Organisation - Warrnambool
Wed. 14 December 2016, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm AEDT
Registrations for this event have now closed. To make an enquiry regarding any remaining vacancies, please contact the organiser directly.
Through the NDIS, people with disability will be able to access the reasonable and necessary supports they need. Central to this is ensuring a person with disability is at the centre of all decisions which relate to their life.
Becoming a Person Centred Organisation addresses the need for organisations to focus on what matters to the person being supported and their family. Person centred approaches extend to all facets of disability support including service planning and delivery, organisational culture and staff management.
This 1 day workhop provides participants with practical skills around person centred approaches and how person centred skills can be implemented at every level of the organisation.
Participants will also be introduced to NDS' suite of People Management Resources which have been designed to help organisations integrate person centred approaches within an organisation, and is based on the Disability Workforce Capability Framework.
The workshop will support staff to create a culture where:
- Managers understand what is important to their staff, how to support them and communicate with them.
- Teams know what is important to one another and can develop a clear sense of purpose and accountability.
- Individual staff have what is important to them at work while also having clarity of role and a clear understanding of where they can use creativity within the workplace and make decisions independently.
- The organisation has clear ways in which to learn from everyone within the organisation to effect positive change.
Participants attending the workshop will:
- Develop an understanding of the values, skills and available tools that will assist them in implementing person centred approaches into their organisation.
- Understand how the Disability Workforce Capability Framework relates to person centred approaches.
- Understand what People Management resources are available and how to use them.
NDS recommends that participants review:
- People Management Resources
- Person Centred Video
Who should attend:
- CEOs, Senior Managers and HR professionals
- HR Managers
- NDS suggests that multiple staff from the same organisation attend
*PLEASE CONTACT THE ORGANISER WITH ANY ACCESSIBILITY REQUIREMENTS*