So, you want to head into the world of specialty coffee as a Barista but not sure where to start? Enters - Barista Boot Camp.
Fast track your training needs with this intensive 2-day program designed to train skills, knowledge and job-ready coaching arming you for your goal into coffee.
A commitment paired with classroom, hands-on activities and group work will allow you to try, test and clarify the skills to work as a Barista in specialty coffee.
- Understanding the numbers and the common variables producing espresso for milk and black coffees and how to manage them.
- Dialling in your recipes using Robur Mazzer & EK Mahlkonig, 2-commercial grinders and tasting your way to success of replicating quality espressos.
- Following a ‘café closing checklist’, how to and hands on cleaning and maintaining espresso machine and grinders.
- Texturing and pouring milk to present a heart on each cup.
- Job-ready yourself by understanding workplace behaviour, communication key messages when applying for roles and preparing your self for interviews and trials.
The following course is suitable for people currently employed, or interested in becoming employed in specialty coffee. All attendees who have completed Barista Boot Camp will be put forward as ‘trained’ to our network of cafe owners currently seeking a new Barista.
Barista Boot Camp is delivered monthly at our Collingwood Coffee College located on the upper level at Aunty Peg’s Coffee Roasters, 200 Wellington Street Collingwood VIC 3066.
$795.00 per person includes catering, coffee and each class hosting only 3 spots to ensure maximum time, attention can be given to all.