Balanced Scorecard Professional Certification Course
This 5 day course is an intensive amalgamation of courses Course 301 (Introduction to the Balanced Scorecard) and Course 401 (Advanced Balanced Scorecard). The course is followed by a one hour multiple choice examination to achieve Level One certification.
Beginning with the foundational Nine-Step process covered in the Part 1 course and then continuing into the real life nuances and complications addressed in the Part 2 course, this course covers the entire range of balanced scorecard topics - organization development, change management and communications planning, strategic planning, objectives and strategy mapping, performance measures and target setting, strategic initiative prioritization, automation, cascading, and strategic management - in one week. Fully consistent with basic balanced scorecard concepts & terminology developed by Kaplan & Norton, the course covers scorecard development in business, government, and non-profit organizations. Participants get hands-on practice using a simple, step-by-step process for developing a scorecard system on their own.
Who Should Attend & Why
This course is designed for people in private, public or nonprofit-sector organisations who have responsibility for building, implementing and maintaining scorecard and other performance management systems.
Typical attendees include those with responsibilities for implementing and/or maintaining the management system; developing appropriate performance measures; selecting software tools; cascading the scorecard to lower tiers in the organisation; evaluating or reporting strategic and operational performance data; and/or improving resource allocation decision making.
The course will be taught as a hands-on workshop using interactive lectures, practical examples, case studies, shared participant experiences, and practice sessions. The learning goals of the course are to: review best practices in building and implementing a balanced scorecard strategic management system, cascade the system to encompass all organizational tiers and operations, employ change management to sustain the system, and practice facilitation and coaching skills that will be useful in your organisation.
Module 1: Evaluation to Assessment
- Best practices related to Steps Nine and One of the Nine Steps to Success.
Module 2: Advanced Strategic Foundations Development
- How to analyze, identify and correct poor strategic foundation design and migrating from other planning models to the balanced scorecard.
Module 3: Advanced Objective & Strategy Map Development
- Strategic Objective & Strategy Map Best Practices.
Module 4: Advanced Performance Management – Measure What Matters
- How to use several frameworks, such as the Logic Model, the Decision Model and the Critical Question model to develop a family of potential measurements for each objective.
Module 5: Measurement Definition, Implementation & Visualization
- Advanced performance measurement definition, implementation & visualization.
Module 6: Strategic Initiative Prioritization & Management
- Advanced strategic initiative prioritization techniques & project management primer.
Module 7: Advanced Scorecard Alignment & Cascading
- How to build organisational alignment through advanced cascading techniques.
Module 8: Managing & Sustaining a Balanced Scorecard
- Day-to-day management and budgeting with a Balanced Scorecard.
See our website for more information.
Telephone: 03 96078530
Save This Event
When & Where
Balanced Scorecard Australia Pty Ltd
Welcome to Balanced Scorecard Australia
BSA is an Australian company providing training, certification and consulting services to commercial, government, and non-profit organisations throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Our goal is to work with clients (small & large), to build a sustainable performance management framework to drive strategy execution and improve organisational performance.
Balanced Scorecard Australia is an affiliate of the US-based Balanced Scorecard Institute.
Whether you need to improve performance, communicate your vision and strategy, or align the work your people do daily with your organisational strategy, we have a dedicated Senior Associate to work with you.
- Balanced Scorecard & Performance Management Systems Development, Implementation & Maintenance
- Strategy Planning & Execution
- Performance Measurement & KPIs
- Certified Balanced Scorecard Training
- Scorecard Software & Automation Advice
- HR Scorecards & Personal Cascading