Actions and Detail Panel
Wed. 19 April 2017, 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm AEST
Would you like to learn more about autism?
Would you love some practical tips to manage everyday interactions and to support your customers, clients and families?
Statewide Autistic Services (SASI) have provided services with people with autism and their supports for 50 years. We’ve built up a strong knowledge of autism and wish to share this with you. Come and learn real-life tips and methods to support people with autism to be the best that they can be!
In this 3.5 hour, introductory/intermediate-level professional development session you’ll learn about:
- The different types and characteristics of autism
- Current methods of diagnosis and how autism may present in your practice
- Sensory overload and emotional/behaviour regulation
- The differences between a tantrum and a meltdown, why they happen and steps you can take to minimise meltdowns
- How client-centred practice can make a difference
- Practical tips from SASI staff on how to help your clients and their families work toward their goals, while helping to provide a more inclusive workplace
- And much more, including a certificate of attendance and some free resources for you to take away!
This training is endorsed by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). Members of AASW, ACA and ACWA may be able to claim CPD points for participation. The professional defvelopment is aimed at any roles that have contact with clients or customers who may have autism. No role plays!
Hurry! Places are limited. A light afternoon tea may be served, please advise of any food intolerances a week prior to the event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries.