Catapult People is pleased to announce another seminar tour of India! Seminars will be conducted in Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Bangalore, mid to late March 2016. Eventbrite events for other cities will be announced shortly when venues are finalised.
Testimonials from previous and current clients can be viewed at the LinkedIn profile of our Founder and CEO, Patrick Comerford, who will personally conduct the India seminar tour. See https://au.linkedin.com/in/patrickcomerford1 and look for 'recommendations'.
Please see the draft agenda of the seminar below.
Careers Down Under – Seminar Outline – India Tour -March 2016
0900-1000: Introduction, housekeeping, rules, short presentations of individual backgrounds, agreement as to seminar deliverables.
1000-1045 Topic 1: Where am I going?
- Work rights applicable to different visas.
- Which Australian city/region is best for me?
- A history of work in Australia and comments on culture.
- Understanding the fabric of the Australian population and economy.
- Where do different things get done?
- When should I start applying?
- 27% of Australians were not born in Australia, so why is it hard to break in?
- Australian “English” and tips for quicker integration.
- Government support?
1045-1100 Morning Tea
1100-1230 Topic 2: Is my resume right?
- Using Australian language, some big tips.
- Is the formatting right?
- Should I use a cover letter?
- What about referees?
- The importance of key words!
1230-1300 Lunch Break
Topic 3: Advertised Jobs:
- Why response rates are low and some tips to improve them?
- Am I covering all aspects/avenues or is seek.com.au enough?
- Dealing with recruiters, they don’t seem interested?
- Only 15% of jobs get advertised, where are the rest?
- I never hear back! Should I follow up?
- When should I start applying?
1300-1400 Topic 4: Getting Discovered
- What are the tricks to being found?
- Is LinkedIn worth it?
- Maximising LinkedIn benefits.
1400-1430 Exercise 1: The Hypothetical Resignation and what it can mean?
1430-1445 Afternoon Tea
1445-1600 Topic 4: Researching Targets
- OK, so how do I find the ‘hidden jobs’?
- Case studies to know what has worked for others.
1600-1630 Debrief and Questions, then close.
1800: Option to join Facilitator for Dinner at Hotel (at your own cost)
Homework: Participants will be asked to spend some time compiling a list of “A” level target employers for their specific occupation in preparation for Exercise 2 on Day 2.
0900- 0930 Recap and Questions.
0930-1030 Topic 5: Making Successful Approaches
- Role Plays to test current techniques and discover new ones.
- Insight to Australian communication styles.
- Tips for getting a foot in the door.
- Talk less, listen more: The art of asking the right questions!
1030-1045 Morning Tea
1045-1200 Exercise 2: Real outbound phone calls to target employers in Australia!!!
1200-1300 Lunch Break
1300-1400 Topic 6: Networking, what does it mean? How to do it?
1400-1500 Topic 7: I have an interview, now what?
- Dos and Dont’s
- Interview Role Plays
1500-1515 Afternoon Tea
1515-1600 Topic 8: Individual Action Plans; discussion and agreement.
1600-1630 Conclusion: Where can I get more help if I need it?
Q&A and Close