Actions and Detail Panel
Australian ADCP Regatta 2017
Thu., 16/03/2017, 9:00 am – Fri., 17/03/2017, 3:00 pm AEDT
Following on from the 2015 inaugural regatta, focus on areas identified for further Regattas including:
- A location to challenge processes/SOP’s and technology with a mix of good and bad sections;
- Test more aspects of Hydrometric Guideline 8 under a wider range of conditions;
As well as the themes previously outlined for the 2015 Regatta;
- Provide an opportunity for practitioners/organisations to ‘pressure test’ and discuss application of ADCP discharge measurement techniques and processes against the National Industry Guidelines for hydrometric monitoring, Part 8, Application of Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers to Measure Discharge in Open Channels
- Enable opportunity for continuous improvement discussions between practitioners and suppliers with regards to the effectiveness/practicalities of the Guideline, application of techniques and instrument and gauging hardware applications
- Validate ADCP performance by conducting comparison measurements and provide information to enable assessment of repeatability of data outputs.
- Provide opportunities to compare and share knowledge on data collection techniques, procedures, instruments and application in a potential variety of field conditions amongst practitioners and peers.
- Compile a report on results and outcomes for knowledge sharing amongst the National Hydrometric Industry.