Asia Education Foundation (AEF) is offering Victorian schools the opportunity to host Indonesian primary and secondary school teachers for five-day school and homestay visits in November 2016 and early 2017.
The Indonesian teachers will be in Melbourne as part of a two-week professional learning program being delivered by the AEF.
Australian teachers participating in the program will be supported to:
- build meaningful relationships with educators from Indonesia
- internationalise education in their school
- support Indonesian language teaching and learning
- develop intercultural understanding
- connect their school to a broader network of teachers and students in the region
This opportunity is open to all Victorian schools and does not require Indonesian language to be offered at your school. AEF will provide participating schools with support materials to plan school visit programs, including a pre-program briefing.
Australian teachers will be given a generous honorarium to cover hosting costs for the five days, and will be presented with a certificate of participation for the program.
The learning intent of the school visit and homestay for the Indonesian teachers is to develop their professional practice and understanding of Australian society and to help them build closer connections with Australian teachers and school communities.
There will be five separate cohorts of Indonesian teachers visiting Melbourne as part of this program. Dates for the hosting element for each cohort are as follows:
- 12th - 16th February 2017 (Primary Teachers)
- 26th February - 2nd March 2017 (Secondary Teachers)
- 13th - 17th March 2017 (Primary Teachers)
If you're able to host one or more Indonesian educators for one of the dates above, please register via the link at the top of the page.
When registering, please select the number of Indonesian teachers you are able to host and then complete the relevant contact details for the Australian teachers who will be hosting them.
If you have any questions, please email us.