Asylum Seeker Policy: From Despair to Action
Tuesday, 30 April 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (AEST)
As the treatment of asylum seekers by the Government and Opposition sinks to ever lower depths, many of us have felt a growing sense of despair. We know Australia can do better than this. Join us for an evening of discussion about concrete actions we can take to start changing the national conversation to one of compassion and hospitality.
- How do we get from a state of despair back to positive action?
- What are the main refugee organisations doing that we could assist with? Or should we be doing something else?
- Where could we potentially make some kind of impact in an election year?
Participating Refugee Organisations
- Amnesty International Australia
- Welcome to Australia
- Australian Coalition to End Immigration Detention of Children
Entry is FREE.
Download the A4 poster to place in your church / organisation