San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Assertive Communication Skills For Women
How To Use Assertive Communication To Communicate More Effectively
Honest, genuine and authentic communication has been found to be the number one communication trait required for effective leadership. However a common pattern in people’s communication, particularly women, is the lack of awareness and capacity to be assertive when communicating. Assertive communication will help you reduce workplace conflict, help you negotiate, speak up at meetings and deal with difficult conversations. In turn these skills will enhance your selfesteem, increase your confidence and reduce your fear and anxiety. Do you find it difficult to be assertive? Do you find it difficult to say no? Do you say what you mean? Do you handle conflict in the workplace?
This one day workshop is designed to help women who want to develop their selfconfidence and communicate effectively and assertively with work colleagues at all levels.
:At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
• Recognise the difference between assertive, passive and aggressive communication
• Be able to recognise the barriers and myths that surround assertive communication and how they may influence your thinking and behavior
• Complete a self audit and recognise where your current strengths and weakness are when communicating with others
• Use practical strategies to communicate more assertively using different techniques
• Use practical skills to deal with criticism, both constructive and destructive.
• Learn how to be more assertive in the workplace
• Say no without feeling guilty and to give and receive feedback
• Use appropriate, credible and assertive body language
Violet Dhu has over fifteen years experience in assisting people to develop their communication skills. As an experienced Social Worker and Coach she has worked with many people who are dealing with difficult situations such as bullying and harassment, having to speak up at meetings and dealing with conflict. Violet provides training and coaching in the area of effective communication specialising in assertive communication skills and difficult conversations. In her career Violet has helped hundreds of people to communicate effectively and to participate in conversations confidently.
For more information 0408 930 993 or email@example.com
When & Where
Peter Dhu is an inspirational speaker and trainer who uses his own story and experiences to help people become confident and effective communicators and courageous leaders. The workshop will be experiential in style and delivered to a small group of participants, allowing for maximum learning. Peter travels all around Australia training people to be more confident and effective speakers and leaders . Peter has an MBA, Diploma In Prpfessional Coaching and is a Certified Speaking Professional CSP.