San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Assertive Communication Skills
How To Use Assertive Communication To Communicate More Effectively
A common pattern in people’s communication is the lack of awareness and capacity to be assertive. Do you find it difficult to say no? Does this result in conflict in your relationships or workplace?
Assertive communication will help you reduce workplace conflict, assist you with the skills to speak up at meetings and deal with difficult conversations. In turn these skills will assist with strengthening you're self-esteem and reducing your anxiety.
This whole day workshop is designed to help people to communicate assertively and to be comfortable with assertiveness. At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
• Recognise the difference between assertive, passive and aggressive communication
• Be able to recognise the barriers and myths that surround assertive communication and how they may influence your thinking and behavior
• Complete a self audit and recognise where your current strengths and weakness are when communicating with others
• Use practical strategies to communicate more assertively using different techniques
• Use practical skills to deal with criticism, both constructive and destructive.
Violet Dhu has over fifteen years experience in assisting people to develop their communication skills. As an experienced Social Worker and Coach she has worked with many people who are dealing with difficult situations such as bullying and harassment, having to speak up at meetings and dealing with conflict. Violet provides training and coaching in the area of effective communication specialising in assertive communication skills and difficult conversations. In her career Violet has helped hundreds of people to communicate effectively and to participate in conversations confidently.
For more information 0408 930 993 or email@example.com
When & Where
Peter Dhu is an inspirational speaker and trainer who uses his own story and experiences to help people become confident and effective communicators and leaders. The workshop will be experiential in style and delivered to a small group of participants, allowing for maximum learning. Peter travels all around Australia training people to be more confident and effective speakers. Peter has ans MBA and is a Certified Speaking Professional CSP.