Ask ACNC Launceston
Thursday, 4 September 2014 from 8:00 am to 11:00 am (AEST)
San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Come along and Ask the ACNC
These sessions will be useful for people running charities of all sizes and types, who need to meet obligations to the ACNC.
These sessions will provide information about the ACNC and charity obligations, and will have ACNC staff available to answer questions. As the deadline for submitting the 2013 Annual Information Statements has just passed for most charities, we are actively reaching out to charities who may not have submitted in time (for any number of reasons), and delivering these sessions are part of the ACNC's approach, which focuses on providing education and advice before considering regulatory powers.
What you can expect
Come along for the presentation and morning tea, or drop in at any time between 8.00 am and midday to speak with ACNC staff.
A presentation by ACNC Assistant Commissioner General Counsel, Murray Baird, will commence at 10.00 am for an hour. We encourage you to arrive at 9.30 am and stay after the presentation for morning tea.
The presentation will cover:
- the ACNC and its future direction
- the benefits of a national regulatory system for charities
- meeting ACNC obligations, including the Annual Information Statement
- how charity information on the ACNC Register is used
- the latest data and research on the charity sector.
There will be opportunity to ask questions after the presentation.
Ask ACNC advice services
ACNC staff will be available to answer questions from 8.00 am – midday. You can:
- ask any questions about your charity and its obligations to the ACNC
- get help to use ACNC tools such as the Charity Portal and the Annual Information Statement online form at acnc.gov.au.
We will have internet access, printed guidance and be ready to answer any question you may have.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on the day.
When & Where
Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission
The Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) is the independent national regulator of charities.