Actions and Detail Panel
Tue., 23/05/2017, 9:00 am – Wed., 24/05/2017, 5:00 pm AEST
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Presented by Michelle Graeber (CEO) and Renee Tsatsis (Helpline Coordinator)
ASIST is the most widely used suicide intervention model in the world. In this 2 day interactive workshop, learn how to:
- Reflect on how your attitudes and beliefs about suicide affect your intervention role
- Discuss suicide with a person at risk in a clear and direct manner
- Build a collaborative approach to intervention focused on safe outcomes
- Review immediate suicide risk and develop appropriate safeplans
- Recognize that suicide prevention is broader than suicide first aid and includes life promotion and self care for caregivers.
ASIST is run by registered LivingWorks trainers and uses internationally standardized learning materials.
Time: 9am-5pm both days (it is a requirement to attend both full days)
Venue: ARCVic, 292 Canterbury Road, Surrey Hills
Fee: $66pp inc GST