Actions and Detail Panel
Art in the Park Community Festival
Sun. 4 December 2016, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm AEDT
Entry to Art in the Park is free! Please register for your free ticket.
Art in the Park is an annual community festival held in and around MGA. Presented by the Friends of MGA along with their supporters the City of Monash Community Grants, Pinewood Community Bank, Ray White Glen Waverley, and Lions Wheelers Hill.
Free activities around the grounds and inside the building include:
- Morris Minor Car Club display
- face painting
- guided tour of the gallery
- live music - Chords cover band and the Moorabbin Brass Band.
Please register for the following free activities and workshops to secure your place:
Kids and Families (pre-school)
Storytime with the Wheelers Hill Library (2pm)
Kids and Families (suitable for ages 6-16)
'Draw a Dreamcatcher' drop-in activity table (12-4pm). Once you have registered you can drop in at any point during the day. Parents must remain with children.
Wet-felting workshop (20minute workshops) Session 1: 12pm, Session 2: 12:20pm, Session 3: 12:50pm, Session 4: 1:10pm, Session 5: 1:40pm, Session 6: 2pm. Select your session when registering.
Adults (suitable for ages 16+ only)
- Adults wet-felting workshop (40minute workshop) Session: 2:30pm
- Life drawing with Frank from Last Peek Life Drawing Events (costumed model) in the gallery, suitable for all ages, all materials provided. Tutored Session: 2-4pm
- African Drumming workshops. (30minute workshops). Session 1: 1pm, Session 2: 1:45pm, Session 3: 2.30pm
- Photowalk around the grounds with photographer Sandra Davis. Bring your own camera (any kind, phones included) for this fun walk. Session: 2-3pm
- Registrations close Saturday 3 December at 6pm - even if you haven't registered, all are welcome to the free activities around the grounds on Sunday 4 December, but you may not be able to attend a workshop if they are full.
- Please note - this is an all weather event. Most* activities will be moved inside in the case of inclement weather. (*excluding the chalk pavement drawing, the classic car display and likely the photowalk depending on weather severity).
- Participants must check in with their ticket 10 minutes prior to their session beginning.
- Please bring your tickets with you (electronic or printed). This will make checking in quicker on the day.
- Workshops often book out, however we do reserve a couple of places for walk-ins in each session, just ask at the Check-in desk.
- We can always squeeze in a few more people for life drawing - you may not have an easel but we do have drawing boards to rest on your lap or floor. Don't be shy!
- Please note - there will be an official photographer on the day documenting the event. If you prefer to not be photographed please let the photographer know.