Art at The Connection - Art Walk with Culture Scouts - 12.30pm Rhodes Publi...
Join Emilya Colliver from Art Pharmacy for a Public Art Culture Scouts Tour of Rhodes.
Discover local artist’s site-specific mural & sculptural work that surround the newly developed complex. Starting at The Connection, the tour will snake through the foreshore, local parks and playgrounds and into the town square and community centre to encompass the whole peninsula. These public art works are part of the Arts Plan initiative - an integration of public art, landscape and architecture that will foster a community environment for the local Rhodes community. This tour will touch on the artist practice and development as we stroll past over 10 different contemporary artists commissioned for the Arts Plan project. @culturescouts #culturescouts
Public Artworks included on the tour:
- Cumulus, Union Square
- Cartwheeling Youngster, Rhodes Foreshore
- In Motion, The Connection
- Dancing Ladies and DND of Rhodes, The Learning Space
- Aqueous, Sydney Water Pumping Station, Rhodes Foreshore Park
- Mangroves, Monaco Apartments
- Wonderwalk, Lewis Avenue Steps
- The Flower Bags, Mill Park
- Table Tennis Table, Peg Paterson Park
- Picnic and Play, Hoskins Reserve
- Wangal Wall, Pheonix Park
Remember to wear comfortable shoes and a hat, bring along a bottle of water and get ready for an exciting tour of Rhodes. The Tour takes approximately 1.5 hours and includes walking at a moderate pace.
For more information about Culture Scouts Tours check out: http://www.culturescouts.com.au/
Date and Time
Commence at The Digital Gallery, The Connection, Rhodes Community Precinct
30 Shoreline Drive
(near the corner of Gauthorpe Street and Shoreline Drive)
Rhodes, NSW 2138