San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Art and Design Workshop
The Art and Design Workshop is conducted by the Faculty of Education and Arts, Arts Academy is designed for VCE, mature-age and direct entry prospective art students.
It is directed at assisting participants in planning and developing a quality folio of artwork to present at an interview for entry into tertiary visual arts programs in 2018.
Practical sessions are designed to assist participants in the identification of their strengths and weaknesses and aimed at formulating ideas that will improve artistic concepts of visual and design language. All hands-on sessions combine open-ended activities of two-dimensional and design concepts; participants benefit from this experience together with gaining insight into an art school environment at an advanced level.
The program will include:
• An insight into art in our society; adding perspective to past and present art forms and how they unite and support aspects of art education
• Students will work across a broader spectrum of drawing where the emphasis will be on developing insightful hand-eye coordination and observation skills that relate to tertiary studies (a life model will be part of this session)
• Concepts in design and imagery and their required outcomes
• A tour of student spaces and the campus art gallery
• Overview of Communication Design and Visual Arts requirements within a Tertiary setting
• Outline of folio selection and interview processes including a mock interview
Other Information: Lunch will be provided on the day please let us know if you have any dietary requirements by contacting Michelle Irvine email@example.com
Please note: Participants should check for any amendments prior to registration. Class sizes are limited. Enrolments will be in order of application, therefore early bookings are recommended. The Arts Academy also reserves the right to cancel the workshop if the minimum number of enrolments is not achieved by the week proceeding the class start dates.