San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Aidacare Professional Training with Ottobock
APT Free Seminar:
Morning Session: 9:30am to 12:00pm
MATCHING EQUIPMENT SOLUTIONS WITH POSTURAL NEEDS. UNDERSTANDING THE OTTOBOCK AND LECKEY RANGE OF BUGGIES, SEATING SYSTEMS AND STANDING FRAMES
Working with children with special needs is not just about providing them with good seating. Children and adults need a range of equipment that will support them in sitting, standing and sleeping. This session will look at the 24-hour needs of children.
Afternoon Session: 12:30pm to 3:00pm
This workshop aims to provide an overview of power wheelchairs, factoring in local funding requirements.
- Add-on drives, Powerchairs, and Scooters and when to recommend them
- The basics of fitting and measuring a power wheelchair (hands on)
- Chassis, Seating, and Control Systems
- Specific look at scripting power within SWEP funding limits
Attendees are welcome to attend either session or both as required.
JACINTA MAURIN, Physiotherapist, Ottobock
Jacinta Maurin is a Physiotherapist with over 20 years’ experience in the area postural assessment and complex seating. After many years in the clinical arena, Jacinta Maurin joined Ottobock as a Business Manager. Jacinta’s particular areas of expertise are complex positioning, modular and customised seating systems.
Lunch is provided. Please email email@example.com if you have any dietary requirements.
Save This Event
When & Where
Aidacare is the leading provider of ward based equipment and rehabilitation products to Aged Care facilities, Hospitals, Physio and Occupational Therapists and private retail clients in Australia. We have 20 locations across NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania and South Australia, and together with our Network Partners you can be sure we service your area in both Metro and Regional centres.
The Aidacare Professional Training (APT) is a national program that offers all healthcare providers, such as Allied Health Clinicians, Nurses, Case Managers, Carers and Medical Professionals the most up-to-date educational training. This is a great opportunity to build up your CPD (Continuing Professional Development) hours which Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists need for the renewal of their registration each year.
* Please note that still and moving images may be taken or recorded during an Aidacare APT event and used in any or all of the promotional and advertising material of Aidacare. The images may be used in various media formats including online media, social media, print, newspaper, video, public display televisions and electronic means of communication and in any edited form. If you do not consent to this, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event.