Organisational development (OD) is a complex and sometimes under-appreciated activity. It requires that we understand the organisation as an integrated system. This includes the usual management functions – planning and strategic change, organising and improving business systems, service delivery and evaluation. OD however, seeks to integrate these with more relational aspects of organisational life - leadership, teamwork, capability, communication and culture. OD at its best is an overarching transformative strategy engaging individuals, teams and the organisation as a whole.
An OD intervention or solution can also be just one or two elements of this whole – tailor made for specific issues or parts of the organisation. This applied approach to OD can include:
- Development of formal, operational and technical parts of the organisation including:
- Strategic planning or change management projects
- Structural review and re-alignment
- Policy review and development
- ‘Business systems’ or process improvement
- Technology and equipment renewal
- Individual work role review and planning
- Facilitating the development of more relational aspects of organisational life, including:
- Developing the leadership styles of managers
- Building organisational collaboration
- Team development and the shaping of team norms, behaviour and communication
- Developing manager and staff capability
- Organisational culture – or ‘how we do things’ including patterns of large group, team and interpersonal behaviour
This program is conducted by two highly experienced OD consultants, working with a small group of participant practitioners. The overall aim is to develop and apply participants’ OD consulting skills and refine the OD strategies they apply in their organisations.
At the end of the program participants will have:
- Clearer strategies for shaping OD interventions to fit their organisation and building better working relationships with senior managers
- A framework and set of tools for OD consultancy
- A refined plan for an OD project in their workplace
- Greater awareness of their OD consulting style and mindset
- An understanding of how group dynamics shapes OD outcomes
- A network of like-minded OD professionals
The program is conducted over three workshops:
- Thursday 2nd May, 9am - 4pm
- Thursday 25th May, 9am – 1pm
- Friday 16th June, 9am – 1pm
- Thursday 6th July, 9am – 1pm
- Personalised 1:1 coaching before and after the program; including a meeting together with the participant and their manager (if requested)
Internal OD or HR consultants
Earlybird bookings: $3200 incl GST, for bookings made before 12pm April 13th. Inclusive of materials, LSI Profile and catering.
For group bookings of 2 or more people, please call us on 03 9650 9642 or email us at email@example.com
Please note - Overall egistrations close 12pm April 26th. Cancellations made within 7 working days of program commencement will not be refunded.
Save This Event
When & Where
Centre for Leadership and Management
The Centre for Leadership and Management (CLM) specialises in delivering management consultancy, coaching, training, and development programs within the public sector. Our clients include State and Commonwealth Public Sector Departments, Instrumentalities and Commissions, Local Government, health care providers and not-for-profit organisations. With over two hundred consultancy projects each year, we have a proven track record in delivering results.
CLM offers short courses, in-house training, and management consulting and aim to contribute to 'net community benefit', societal well being, workplace equity, community benefit and individual development. We achieve this through demonstrating consistency in values, content, presentation and client engagement and through engaging in work that we are genuinely passionate about.
At CLM we practice what we preach through demonstrating expert knowledge, understanding workplace dynamics, enacting clear ethics, and by building ethical relationships and practice.