Apple Final Cut Pro X Essentials 2 Day Course Labspace Melbourne
Thursday, 17 November 2016 at 9:00 am - Friday, 18 November 2016 at 4:30 pm (AEDT)
Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X is a revolutionary video editing application that helps beginners and seasoned professionals achieve stunning results. In this two-day hands-on course, participants become familiar with the user interface while they learn how to perform editing functions. Attendees work with real-world media to learn practical approaches to video editing—from basic techniques to Final Cut Pro’s powerful advanced features.
Who Should Attend
This class is designed for anyone who wants to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro X and prefers hands-on and interactive instruction.
What You’ll Learn
- Using workflows
- Using libraries to organize and manage events, media, and projects
- Applying exceptionally fast, fluid editing techniques for video and audio
- Fine-tuning clips in the timeline
- Comparing alternate shots from a collection of clips
- Applying effects, transitions, and retiming clips
- Finishing and final project
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of video editing terminology is highly recommended
- Upgrade earlier versions of events and projects
- Download and prepare lesson media files
- Understand basic Final Cut Pro workflow
- Define the clip, event, and library containers
- Understand the differences between managed and external media files
- Create a camera archive
- Import files using Media Import and the Finder
- Apply keywords to clip and clip ranges
- Search and filter clips by keywords
- Batch rename clips
- Add notes and ratings to a clip
- Create Smart Collections
- Detect people and composition within clips
- Understand and assign roles
Making the First Edit
- Create a project
- Add and rearrange clips within a primary storyline
- Ripple, Roll, and Slip trim clips
- Blade, replace with gap, ripple delete, and join through edit
- Perform connect edits
- Create and edit in connected storyline
- Adjust audio levels
- Share the project to a media file
- Define and distinguish the two types of project duplication
- Understand the replace edit options
- Use the Dashboard for playhead positioning
- Use markers for clip synchronization and task notes
- Create and edit with an audition clip
- Refine project using trim to playhead and trim to selection
Enhancing the Edit
- Vary the playback speed of clips
- Modify the look of clips with effects
- Utilize transitions
- Adjust transform and compositing controls
- Create compound clips
- Add and modify a lower third
- Split edit audio and video
- Keyframe audio
- Color correct a clip
- Demonstrate your knowledge by passing the Final Cut Pro X exam and earning Apple Certified Pro Final Cut Pro X certification.
- Course includes electronic Apple Pro Training Series book by Brendan Boykin, Course materials.
- Tea, Coffee, biscuits and filtered water throughout the day and catered lunch.
Policies see website www.labspaceaustralia.com/policies/
When & Where
Labspace Apple Consultants Network and Adobe Authorized Training Centre
We teach the tools of the trade so Creatives can do what they enjoy doing best - BEING CREATIVE.
At Labspace, we believe that the earlier you participate in a Certified Instructor Led Basic, Intermediate or Advanced Course the better your end product will be.
Why? Today's Professional software is extremely powerful and versatile with many ways to achieve the same goal. Knowing what these are, you will be spending more time BEING CREATIVE. Simple.
Time is precious and costly. So why waste your expensive production hours surfing the internet and watching countless online tutorials learning "the how to's" or advanced features.
What you learn and understand from a course in a day will take you weeks to learn online.
On every one of our courses we have had quotes similar to these -
"If I only knew this last week, I would have saved so much time"
"This is going to change my life!"
"I have used this software for 15 years professionally and never knew that!"
Master the tool and your valuable time will be spent CREATIVELY.