Actions and Detail Panel
Apple Configurator 2 and iPad Management, 1 Day Course, Notting Hill, VIC
Mon. 24 October 2016, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm AEDT
Apple Configurator 2 iPad Management
Apple Certified Trainer
1 Day of Professional Training. Fully catered
This course is designed to show technical staff, managers and teachers how iPads, iPhones and iPod Touches can be deployed and managed within an organisation with Apple Configurator 2. Apple Configurator 2 is very different to its predecessor. This is an in-depth highly practical, hands on course where you will undertake exercises to reinforce the taught theory, use Apple Configurator 2 and use management software. You do not need to bring anything; we will provide iPads and Apple Mac computers.
- Deploying software to an iPad - You will learn how to deploy software through Apple Configurator 2.
- iOS App Licensing - A look at licensing and retention of ownership by the institution for iOS app deployment
- Apple IDs
- Volume Purchasing Store
- We will use VPP
- We will use Managed Apps
- The Device Enrolment program (DEP) will be explained
- Device management, what can and what cannot be managed on iOS
- Enforcing encrypted backups
- Remote lock and wipe
- Management with Profiles
- Supervised Mode
- When to upgrade from Apple Configurator 1.*(original)
- When not to upgrade from Apple Configurator 1.*(original)
- How to upgrade to Apple Configurator 2
- Mobile Device Management and Apple Configurator 2
- Planning deployment & maintenance of iPads
- Retirement of devices
- Documentation with links to further reading and resources will be provided.
- Software you will use: Apple iOS, OSX, Apple Configurator 2 and an MDM.
Who should attend
- IT Managers
- IT Technicians
- Teachers Managing iPads
- Educators with responsibility for iPad programmes
- Managers with responsibility for iPad programmes
Experience with iOS device(s) such as an iPad or iPhone is recommended. Computer administration experience would be helpful but is not essential.
For this course An iPad and Apple Computer will be provided for the duration of the course. We provide refreshments, lunch as well as notes. Class sizes are limited.
Information about our venues including parking & transport map be viewed here.
We will send you a reminder prior to the course, please view our cancellation policy which can be viewed here. Please note there are late cancellation fees: within 72 hours a 50% fee and within 24 hours no refund.
Richard Gynes, MSc. ACT, ACSP 10.11, ACTC 10.10 is an Apple Certified Trainer and service engineer. After studying design and photography Richard worked as a museum photographer in the UK, before moving to education.
His 25 years of experience in education includes: training teachers in video production, teaching photography and working as a Media Resources Manager in Secondary and Primary education. At CompNow Richard has actively been involved with Apple computer and iPad deployments for many schools and businesses. For the last 8 years he has been conducting Apple Mac, iPad and software training in Australia.