The challenge is simple.
3 Loops of the Anstey Hill Recreational Park in under 6 hours.
You will be challenged. Without a doubt.
Can you get to the final lap?
*Follow the Revelus Facebook page for event updates and notifications
Revelus Facebook Page: http://bit.ly/2erDwmA
***START 2017 WITH A BANG***
1. Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Ages 18+ only.
2. Will I know where to go?
The course will be heavily directed to prevent people from getting lost within the park.
The course map is shown on the Revelus Facebook page.
3. Do I have to finish all 27km’s?
No, you do not. If you have only enough fuel and endurance to go one lap, then that's fine. Be happy and proud that you gave this challenge a go.
4. Will I get anything if I can’t finish all 3 laps?
All competitors will receive a medal for their efforts no matter what position or lap they finish.
5. Is this race safe?
Yes. But yet again, the definition of “safe” is different from person to person.
6. Will I pass out?
If you take proper precautions and respect your threshold, then no.
7. Can I finish the race?
You tell me!?
8. Can I run with a group?
Nothing says you can’t.
9. Will there be water stops during my run to refill my bottle?
Yes, so keep your eyes open for some H20. Base camp will also have water.
10. Will this race mentally and physically break me?
Refer to FAQ number 7.
11. What dangers are present in this race?
You could cross by a Kangaroo if you're lucky. Nothing to worry about though, they keep their distance. Maybe the rogue tree branch and uneven ground.
12. What do I get from participating in this race?
It depends on the person: Bragging rights to friends, nirvana, self-pride, honour to family, sprained ankles, aching muscles, broken pelvis… Don't forget you also get a medal at the end too if that makes you feel better!
13. Is there a first aid station?
Yes, but only at base camp. When you pass the gates, you’re on your own.
14. Can I wear funny costumes when undertaking this event?
Of course you can!
15. Can I take shortcuts through the course if I see an opportunity?
Sure. But if you get lost, just remember search and rescue is on you!
16. What if I finish all 3 laps under 6 hours?
You will be recognised as an Anstey Hill Monster 3 Challenge finisher and will be part of the first ever Revelus competitors to succeed. Furthermore, your name will be placed in the Revelus Hall of Champs with your race time.