Actions and Detail Panel
Agile for Leaders Workshop - Canberra
Mon. 15 May 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm AEST
AGILE FOR LEADERS WORKSHOP
Agility is a mindset, not a methodology.
At Next Paradigm, we understand that not everyone wants, or needs, to be a Scrum Master - but the benefits of Agile and Lean are available to the whole organisation, not just software developers.
Agile for Leaders is a one-day workshop for anyone who wants to learn how to incorporate agile and lean thinking into their, and their team's, daily work practice.
The Promise of Agile
- The Agile mindset, and why it's more important than methodologies
- The Agile Manifesto
- Optimising for Business Value
- Achieving Early Return on Investment (ROI)
Planning (Part 1), Estimation and Prioritisation
- Business Cases, Releases, Iterations and Sprints
- The (sometimes confusing!) taxonomy of Agile
- What's a Story?
- Relative Sizing and Estimation
- A typical sprint/iteration cycle
- The Travel Game
Realising Immediate Value through Lean
- Little's Law
- Introducing Kanban
- Limiting Work in Process
- Achieving Flow
- The Lean Startup
Planning (Part 2) and Measuring Progress
- Measuring Progress: Points, Velocity, Burn Up / Burn Down Charts
- Iteration / Sprint Planning
Incorporating Agile / Lean Thinking in your Organisation
- What can you do differently?
- The Social Contract
- Creating a roadmap for change