Actions and Detail Panel
Ageing Workforce Management
Thu. 23 March 2017, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm AEDT
A Strategic Approach to Health and Wellbeing for the Ageing Workforce
The Australian workforce is greatly transforming; our mature workers are retiring later and considering career changes while our younger workers have greatly different attitudes towards their careers and their expectations of work than we have previously seen. This complex and changing dynamic present’s significant challenges for employers to manage health and safety, while also meeting operational requirements and maintaining a positive workplace culture.
P2 Group’s innovative Workforce Health Management Workshop aims to upskill executives, managers and supervisors in managing the workplace health and wellbeing of their ageing workforce by:
- Recognising the different needs and challenges experienced by workers throughout the spectrum of their working life
- Understanding an employer’s legal obligations in the health and wellbeing space
- Identifying the early warning signs of physical and psychological conditions
- Developing strategies for assisting workers with their health and wellbeing and implementing a uniform workplace policy
- understanding the importance of a human maintenance schedule based upon workability
- Considering reasonable adjustments and flexible working arrangements
- Utilising the inherent requirements of job as a workforce management strategy.
Throughout our highly interactive Workshop P2 Group focus on a range of practical case studies, skills building activities and the provision of effective workplace tools to ensure that managers are equipped to best address the diverse health and wellbeing needs of their workers.