￼Adobe InDesign is the industry-standard publishing application for print publications, interactive PDF documents, digital magazines, and EPUBs.
Use Indesign to create and publish a broad range of content for print, Web, and for tablet apps.
You can create simple Flyers, Banners, business cards or complex multi-page layouts quickly and efficiently with precise control.
This two day Adobe authorised introductory course, delivered by Adobe Certified Instructor - Antony Brown, is designed to give you a comprehensive working knowledge of Adobe InDesign.
You need no previous experience to attend this course.
The InDesign Workspace
• Workspace overview • InDesign preferences • The Control Panel • Setting tool defaults • Using shortcuts • Zooming and Navigation • Saving your Workspace
Creating a new document
• Document presets • Selecting Intent for print, web • Setting Margins & Columns • Bleed & Slug • Screen Mode
Working with FRAMES
• Understanding the Frame Tools • Creating Graphics frame • Create Text frames • Using the control panel • Fill Colour & Stroke • Transforming, Scaling, Rotating Objects • Placing & resizing Graphics • Using the Align panel • Working with the Gap tool • Grouping and ungrouping • Transparency & Blending settings
Working with TEXT
• Creating text • Selecting and editing text • Placing text from MS Word & other Applications • Finding missing fonts • Text Control Panel • Text Flow • Aligning text within a frame • Spellcheck • Character & Paragraph level formatting • Copy & paste using the eyedropper tool • Tracking & Kerning • Working with Tabs ￼• Applying text Wrap
Working with STYLES
• Character and paragraph styles • Creating Character styles • Editing and Updating styles • Creating and applying object styles • Saving Styles
Working with GRAPHICS
• Placing graphics into InDesign • Wrapping text around images • Fitting Images inside Frames • Links Panel • Smart guides and smart spacing • The Effects panel • Creating gradients • Setting up an Object library
• Adding Colours to the swatches panel • Applying colours to objects • Working with Gradients • Spot and process colours • Using stroke and fill options • Creating tint Swatches • Sampling colours from images
• Using the Pages panel • Targeting pages and spreads • Creating Master Pages • Arranging & Deleting Master Pages • Auto-numbering pages • Numbering and Section options
Exporting and printing
• Check document using Live PreFlight • Exporting a Print document • Export PDF options • Export for email • Package your document • Anticipating potential problems
Course fee includes Adobe’s Classroom in a Book (Digital Copy) and course materials.
Tea, coffee, Filtered water and biscuits are available throughout the day and lunch at one of our favourites spots around Circular Quay.
For Policies see http://www.labspaceaustralia.com/policies
When & Where
Labspace Adobe Authorised Training Centre Sydney
We teach the tools of the trade so Creatives can do what they enjoy doing best - BEING CREATIVE.
At Labspace, we believe that the earlier you participate in a Certified Instructor Led Basic, Intermediate or Advanced Course the better your end product will be.
Why? Today's Professional software is extremely powerful and versatile with many ways to achieve the same goal. Knowing what these are, you will be spending more time BEING CREATIVE. Simple.
Time is precious and costly. So why waste your expensive production hours surfing the internet and watching countless online tutorials learning "the how to's" or advanced features.
What you learn and understand from a course in a day will take you weeks to learn online.
On every one of our courses we have had quotes similar to these -
"If I only knew this last week, I would have saved so much time"
"This is going to change my life!"
"I have used this software for 15 years professionally and never knew that!"
Master the tool and your valuable time will be spent CREATIVELY.
Contact Labspace, Sydney or Melbourne, for all your Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, SpeedGrade, Audition training and short courses.