What's all the fuss about R?
Let me show you why I'm excited about R! In my last role we coped fine without it, and I'm sure you are doing the same. In my current role, we've implemented R in a number of areas, and the impact is remarkable. Things like trend-lines have become trivial; data mining is no longer dependent on the handful of algorithms within SSAS, nor on DMX within MDX for querying; and R graphics is to die for. Libraries written by experts are available to let you implement cutting-edge technology, meaning that I can stand on the shoulders of giants for analytics and visualisations. Come along and share in my excitement about R!
About the presenter
James McNeill - "that guy that wears a hat"
- Doing BI for State (and to a lesser extent Federal) Government since 2003
- Mostly with SQL Server, Cognos, Business Objects
- Used R since 2014
- Currently Manager of BI Solutions at Dept Education and Child Development (DECD), since late 2013
- At DECD we are an inter-disciplinary team covering reporting, research, statistics, demography and GIS.
- Undergrad studies in Pure Maths and Computer Science at Uni of Adelaide
- Postgrad studies in Public Policy and Management at Carnegie Mellon Uni.
This event is hosted by the Adelaide SQL Server User Group, and sponsored by LobsterPot Solutions
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.