Actions and Detail Panel
Account Director Master Class
Thu. 8 December 2016, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm AEDT
An Account Director draws on a suite of skills to oversee, manage and grow client accounts. In a highly interactive format, the Account Director Master Class focuses on the core elements of account direction: strategic thinking, relationship and people management, growing existing accounts, overseeing outstanding execution with profitability. This master class is aimed at senior account managers and emerging ADs with at least five years' experience.
In this course attendees will learn how to:
- Focus on the big picture: directing accounts to achieve business results for clients
- Build better client relationships: with day to day contacts and throughout the client organisation
- Be commercial: deliver great service with business acumen
- Empower and develop teams: know when to delegate, when to supervise and how to build initiative in the team
- Communicate effectively: to the team, with the client, showcasing results, handling issues
- Handle new business more efficiently and effectively
Each participant will develop a personal action plan for the next 12 months to embed the skills learnt in the course and continue improving their account direction skills.
Participant feedback from previous courses has included:
"Great insights into the role and requirements of an AD. Has given me excellent tools for becoming a leader in my agency."
"Extremely insightful and helpful!"
"I really appreciated the knowledge, expertise and insight which went into the prepare and content of this course"
Workshop Facilitator: Amanda Little, FPRIA Former Managing Director of Hill & Knowlton and Edelman in Australia, Amanda has more than 20 years’ experience in PR consulting. She has had first hand experience in winning, retaining and growing client business. Amanda has a BA (Communication) and MBA from UTS and has taught PR at Universities and TAFE.
Who should attend this course? The Account Director Master Class is aimed at agency professionals who are managing client accounts and teams with at least five years' experience.