Actions and Detail Panel
Accident & Incident Investigation Training Course
Thu., 01/06/2017, 9:00 am – Fri., 02/06/2017, 5:00 pm AWST
Whilst accidents and incidents do occur, businesses often fail to see them as opportunities to minimise risk and maximise the potential benefit through investigation
Accidents and incidents represent a real risk to business. However, whilst accidents and incidents occur, businesses often fail to see them as opportunities to minimise risk and maximise the potential benefit that can be obtained through thorough investigation. This course presents a comprehensive approach to establishing an organised investigation program.
Strong emphasis is placed on the systematic analysis of all possible causes of accidents and incidents, the aim being to prevent needless recurrence and avoid additional and possibly even worse loss. The course covers all areas of investigator training and is structured for safety professionals, prospective members of investigation teams and managers responsible for investigations.
The course aims to:
- Aid investigation pre-planning team selections and investigation tools
- Highlight techniques and use of photography, sketching and mapping
- Facilitate effective witness interviewing
- Assist with analysis of damaged parts and accident restructuring
- Explore the human factors in accident situations through analysis of casual factors
- Acquaint participants with investigation methods used in successful programmes
- Show participants how to apply these methods to their own investigations
Note: Although this training course has not been specifically developed align with both the ISO 18001 OHAS and AS/NZS 4801 standards, this training course will cover foundations that are applicable across all Quality Management Systems including ISO 18001 and AS NZS 4801.
- Course delivered through extensive involvement in practical workshops, lectures, delegate interaction, open discussion. Delegates are encouraged to share their knowledge and experience.
- DNV Auditors actively working in the field are your trainers, bringing their practical knowledge to the course
- Course includes daytime refreshments, lunch, course notes and training certificate
- Special arrangements can be made for delivery at your organisations own premises
Contact Faz Mohitian for more info on by using the “Contact the Organiser” button above.
What should I bring to the course?
Please bring notetaking materials (notepad, paper or digital devices). Course manual, pen, carry bags and any other necessary materials will be provided.
What is the next step register I register here?
A confirmation letter detailing the venue and times will be sent out to your email.
Can I transfer my seat to a colleague?
Your registration can be transferred to another person up to 7 days prior to the course date.
Do I have to bring my printed registration confirmation to the training course?
Yes, please bring your printed confirmation to the course as proof of registration.
What is the refund policy?
Cancellations must be given in writing. In the event that cancellation is received 2 weeks or less prior to the course, 50% of the course fee will be levied. For ‘No-shows’ on the course, the full course fee will be levied.
For any cancellation within 24 hours, DNV GL will be unable to offer any refunds.
Terms and condition
Delegates cannot bring any claim or legal action against DNV GL relating to participation in the course or from knowledge obtained during the course. The use of the information or documentation obtained during the course shall be at the user’s sole risk.
DNV GL reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment or conditions beyond our control. Notifications of any cancellation will be made as early as practical.
DNV GL shall not take any responsibility for travel or accommodation costs.