Tuesday afternoon, 18th Oct: Demonstrations of dissections will be held at DEDJTR, 475 Mickleham Road, Attwood. In small groups, you will have experts explain;
- Udder – anatomy and function,
- Hooves – anatomy and function,
- Diagnosing the cause of death of young lambs,
- Carcass assessment – what to look for.
Tuesday evening, 18th Oct: The AARN Dinner is sponsored by Elanco Australia and will be at the Best Western Motel & Convention Centre, 33 Ardlie Street, Attwood. Andrew ‘Cosi’ Costello is the key note speaker. Cosi has been a media personality for 15 years in South Australia and will share his inspiring story of starting a charity which involved buying a farm in Cambodia and loaning cows to families to break the poverty cycle.
Wednesday conference seminars, 19th Oct: The program will include
- The role of ruminant livestock in global food security by Prof Mike Lee, Uni of Bristol, England.
- Doubling productivity gains of livestock systems by Dr Ed Charmley, CSIRO.
- Dairy and the challenges of feeding economically – presentations and a panel session.
- Ewe nutrition and lifting lamb survival by Dr Jason Trompf, La Trobe University.
- Very timely weather and market updates (milk, sheep and grain).
- And lots of networking opportunities during the day.
AGM, 19th Oct: The Annual General Meeting of the Australian Association of Ruminant Nutrition (AARN) will be held at the Best Western Motel & Convention Centre, 33 Ardlie Street, Attwood at 12.35pm on Wednesday, 19th October, in conjunction with the AARN annual conference.
Book accommodation now at the Best Western Motel & Convention Centre, 33 Ardlie Street, Attwood by phoning (03) 9333 2200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Mention the AARN conference to receive the special Bed & Breakfast rate of $142.
The full seminar program is available from the AARN website www.aarnutrition.com.au
When & Where
AARN Executive Officer
Mobile: 0400 503 938
PO Box 571,
Warragul, Vic 3820
ABN: 97 743 042 761