Actions and Detail Panel
AAC in Practice - Hit the ground running! June / July Series
Wed., 07/06/2017, 5:00 pm – Wed., 12/07/2017, 7:00 pm AWST
Registrations close Wednesday 31st May COB.
Wednesday evening workshop series 5:00pm - 7:00pm
7/6/17, 14/6/17, 21/6/17, 28/6/17, 5/7/17, 12/7/17
Starting work in the disability sector?
New to working with AAC?
Getting more referrals for clients with little or no speech?
The ILC are offering a practical workshop series for Speech Pathologists new to the field of AAC and Speech Pathology Graduates. These workshops are designed to give you confidence, practical strategies and resources to work with clients with AAC needs and their support teams.
Target Audience: Speech Pathologists new to working with clients with AAC needs and Speech Pathology graduates.
Areas covered will include:
- The ‘why’ of AAC, and which clients may benefit from AAC strategies
- AAC assessment and goal setting
- AAC Prescription
- Intervention strategies and practice opportunities
- Getting families and teams on board
- Access to resources, support and ways to stay up to date with AAC
Attendees who complete the training series will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of AAC.
- Identify clients who may benefit from AAC interventions.
- Assess and prescribe AAC.
- Set SMART and family centred goals for AAC.
- Demonstrate use of key intervention strategies including aided language stimulation and the use of prompts and cues.
- Access professional support networks.
The workshop series will run over 6 weeks and will involve information sessions, video examples, practical activities and take away activities each week to consolidate learning.
Venue: Independent Living Centre (Training Room)
The Niche, Suite A
11 Aberdare Road, Nedlands (Corner of Aberdare Road and Hospital Avenue)
To register over the phone please contact ILC's Training Officer on (08) 9381 0600.