Actions and Detail Panel
A Workshop with Professor Christine Bigby: Is there such a thing as a good...
Fri. 28 April 2017, 9:30 am – 3:00 pm AEST
What does the research tell us?
What action do we need to take to improve the quality?
What are the alternatives?
Group homes are a very significant part of the system of services that supports people with intellectual disability. Prior to the NDIS approximately half of all Australian disability expenditure is on accommodation and most of this is on group homes.
WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP ABOUT?
- Hearing about the latest research related to group homes
- Learning about the impact of the culture in group homes and the role of practice leadership
- Taking off rose coloured glasses
- The alternatives to group homes
- Networking with you peers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those in a leadership role of accommodation support services including CEOs and senior managers
- Families of people with intellectual disability
- Service coordinators/case workers
- Professional staff who support individuals living in group homes
The event will run from 9:30am-3:00pm with registration at 9:15am
The venue will be wheelchair accessible venue please advise of any other accessibility requirements.