Actions and Detail Panel
A Taste of Vietnam
Sat. 12 August 2017, 10:30 am – 1:30 pm AEST
Join us for a Taste of Vietnam with the goddess of flavour Wantiha Tanasingham. In this 3 hr hands on class you will learns to recreate popular Vietnamese favourites.
Banh Xeo - Crispy pancake with pork.
Com Tam - Street food favourite served with barbecue pork and fried egg.
Goi Buoi - Pomelo salad with grilled calamari.
About the Chef
Growing up in Penang, Wanitha moved to Australia in 1982. She learned the art of cooking from her father, who he was the Head Chef of the Kedah Royal Family in Malaysia. Wanitha later started her own restaurant and cooking school. She is a real goddess of flavours and spice and with her engaging personality, her positive energy and her incredible knowledge of food she will show you the secrets of Thai cooking.
"Food is togetherness, creating deep connections between people, place and soil, linking the globe across time and culture. Cooking is history. Every dish tells a story." (Wanitha Tanasingam)
1. Cancellations are not refundable.
2. The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. In the event of a change, you will be contacted on the daytime phone number provided to us at time of booking.
3. Registration is from 30 minutes prior to the class start time.
4. All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
5. We cannot accommodate dietary requirements in all cases. Please contact us prior to booking on 02 9555 8300.